Senior Director, Retail Program & Product Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 1, 2021
Role Number: 200259662
Apple Retail is seeking a passionate, entrepreneurial, technical senior leader with experience shaping and delivering innovative retail eCommerce solutions, leveraging emerging technology, and working cross-functionally across Product and Program Management. You enjoy working with strong, diverse, global teams of business leaders and engineers and you are passionate about leveraging technology to transform the future of Apple Retail. Working closely with senior Retail leadership team and the head of Retail Engineering, you will be a driving force behind our organization's digital transformation. This leader will serve as a cross-functional change agent across the Retail organization and with our Partner teams across Apple (specifically AMP, iOS, AppleCare, Finance and Operations). They will be part of shaping and implementing an omni-channel eCommerce strategy, working across a matrix of Retail partners and Retail Engineering, to map and transition traditional processes and systems to digital ones, in support of the Retail Leadership Team's strategy. The role will also build relationships across Apple iOS, Siri, Maps, Fraud, Operations and AMP teams, to leverage Apple expertise in Retail solutions more proactively. This leader will ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing and best practices sharing among Partners by stitching and solutioning ideas from different Business Leaders, Program Management and Engineering teams through solution architecture. They will integrate the Product and Project Management teams to deliver end-to-end solutions, on time and in support of the business objectives.
- 10 years experience leading large, multi-disciplinary teams of Product leaders and Program Managers
- Deep understanding of Retail eCommerce challenges, trends, and opportunities across mature and emerging markets
- Proven engineering or technically-focused product management experience leading large-scale distributed systems, Retail Store and E-commerce applications
- Experience in or working closely with a Data Science team on predictive modeling.
- Experience crafting innovative and novel experiences for Retail customers that enhance their journey through digital experience thru a blend of art and technology
- Team player with capacity to connect and collaborate with stakeholders across the company
- A track record for leading by influence across multi-disciplinary partner teams, in different geographies to deliver delightful customer experiences
- Experience leading, influencing, and collaborating with engineering partners to deliver production scale products
- A deep love for and proven experience building and developing a global team.
Deliver a clearly-defined and compelling, Apple-Retail digital product that shapes Retail's future digital strategy, design, and execution. This multi-year product/program/platform roadmap will create Apple-class experiences across the customer journey from product discovery, to commerce, through customer support and ownership. Design digital experiences that innovate down to the details while taking a holistic view of Apple's customer interactions across all Apple Retail Channels (Store/Online/Home). Collaborate with business stakeholders, executives, and program managers to acquire in-depth knowledge of functional areas, business strategies, and Apple's goals and to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models. Partner closely with multiple Engineering teams to iteratively transform Retail's digital experiences. Craft a thoughtful and balanced approach to building the digital platform of the future while running today's complex business. Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, who may have competing priorities; leverage strong communication and negotiation skills and strong technical background to align on approach and strategy. Work with abstract ideas or situations across all functional areas of the business. Through assessment of intangible variables, identify and evaluate fundamental issues, providing strategy and direction for major programs and building detailed product roadmaps. Build and mentor multi-disciplinary teams with Product Managers, Project/Program Managers, Engineers, and UX experts. Foster a culture of data-driven decision making across product, program management, UX, and engineering. Work closely with HR to attract and retain top, diverse talent
Education & Experience
BS/BA Computer Science, SW Engineering or Information systems preferred