Senior Software Engineer - Apple Media Products
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200266447
Apple Media Products (AMP) first delighted users with downloadable music in April 2003 with the opening of the iTunes Store. Since then, AMP has delivered countless innovations around the digital delivery of audio and video, and in 2008 revolutionized smartphone app distribution with the launch of the App Store. Being the source for so much digital content requires maintaining relationships with a vast number of providers, from record labels to movie studios to app developers. The Digital Supply Chain Engineering team (DSCE) is responsible for ensuring that new content is uploaded, processed, cataloged, and available on our storefronts when the provider expects it to be, and with the highest quality. Apple is looking for a forward thinking self-starter to join the App Ingest team. This is a hands-on engineering role on the team whose software validates, ingests, thins and performs other processing of apps to the App Store. There are very few teams that have the breadth of involvement in Apple's product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with the following:
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience taking a reasonably large area of functionality live into Production
- Building application server components and services
- Designing and implementing secure REST APIs
- Schema design for a high-performance database like Cassandra
- JSON and Protobuf serialization
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, Mesos, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Swift on the server is a bonus
You will participate in designing and implementing logic for ingesting apps that demonstrate new features in future devices and upcoming versions of iOS, tvOS and macOS. You will implement functionality that analyzes apps on ingest, extracting and storing information displayed on the App Store, and used in the App Store's review and curation processes. You will implement enhancements and improvements to the workflow by which apps are thinned, encrypted, signed, and otherwise processed for distribution to TestFlight and the App Store. Join our team that has been leading the industry by constantly developing creative features since its launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent communication skills. We look for good teammates who are able to take on problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- This position is in a small team that is tightly focused on a specific set of critically important systems. Your ability and self-motivation to learn new technologies, and promote novel solutions to the problems at hand, is important to success. The team is remotely distributed across the continental US, so strong communication skills are necessary.