Camera Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200253311
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world, with billions of photos taken every year! The detailed integration of software and hardware has led to features like Smart HDR, Portrait Mode, Night Mode, and Deep Fusion, which deliver magical experiences that surprise and delight our customers. The Camera Technologies & Systems team delivers amazing quality photos and videos by combining state of the art computer vision, image processing, and machine learning. As an engineer on our team you'll develop and extend those software pipelines, working side-by-side with the special engineers who made iPhone's camera what it is today, and build new extraordinary camera capabilities spanning the universe of Apple devices. Whenever you see a "Shot on iPhone" billboard, you see our work; it could be your work too!
- 5+ years of software development and camera imaging experience.
- Excellent coding skills in C or C++.
- Previous experience in digital imaging and camera development.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems without explicit direction.
- Demonstrated ability to jump to a new field and prototype new technologies and solutions.
- Strong technical background in image and video processing and computational photography.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Camera Technologies & Systems team is looking for an enthusiastic and talented camera software engineer with a technical background in camera imaging, computational photography and computer vision. In this role you will be responsible for prototyping, developing, and integrating cutting-edge imaging and computational photography technologies into our cameras. Our team works with complex systems and many diverse teams to develop cutting-edge software which continually enhances our camera and photos solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- One or more of the following would be a plus:
- Familiarity with common development and debugging tools for embedded/mobile applications.
- Familiarity with multiple-camera systems and 3D geometry.
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning.
- Multiple camera/sensor processing and fusion experience.