Personal Session Specialist
Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Jul 20, 2021
Role Number: 200268970
At Apple, we believe that hard work, a fun environment, creativity and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage, and inspire. By focusing on the smallest of details, we can make a big impact with our customers. Building this environment starts with you! Crafting great customer experiences is paramount at Apple and one of the key groups that help shape these experiences is Retail Customer Care (RCC). Our team is seeking motivated, outgoing, and tech-savvy individuals who want to offer Apple customers an unparalleled customer experience through one on one personal sessions. Personal Session Specialists engage with customers over the phone who purchased Apple products from our online store or local retail store. During this engagement, you will empower customers to use products as designed through guided sessions discussing their new product's features, all while delivering an amazing experience. This position is remote and can be based in any city across the US that has available internet infrastructure. You do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered.
- RCC Personal Session Specialist experience in the Retail at Home program preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales or service environment
- Strong customer focus with the ability to naturally build, develop, and maintain rapport with customers
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, including professional business communication and presentation ability
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to display patience in all customer interactions
- Understands and can discuss technology and has hands-on knowledge of Apple products, applications and services
- Ability to translate 'tech speak' into every day, understandable terms
- Adaptability and flexibility to navigate ambiguity towards changing technologies, processes, and environments
- Ability to learn on the fly, exhibit composure under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced and highly-demanding environment
- Ability to convey upbeat energy throughout the day while connecting with customers
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability
- Ability to troubleshoot basic issues related to office technology
- Technical experience in digital media (music, video, photography) is a plus
Apple Specialists deliver an incredible Personal Session experience that includes positioning, demonstrating, and sharing features of Apple products. You will interact with customers through multiple channels simultaneously, sharing your knowledge of the Apple ecosystem and communicating technical aspects of our products in non-technical terms. You'll exhibit a blend of critical thinking and creative problem solving skills to establish solutions for customers. Flexibility is needed, as you may receive calls unrelated to Personal Sessions and will provide support to ensure an exceptional customer journey.
Education & Experience
BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to work between the hours of 6:45 a.m. CST and 10:00 p.m. CST, including weekends and holidays, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs
- Ability to meet minimum typing speed of 45 WPM with 95%+ accuracy while speaking with customers
- Ability to offer responses to customers in fast-paced environment, understanding the dynamics and responsibility of written communication
- Is being an At-Home Personal Sessions Specialist a great fit for you? Consider the following requirements:
- You have a private workspace in your house with a door, where ambient noise can be minimized during work hours.
- You can provide an ergonomic desk and chair. Your workspace allows for the proper installation of your technical equipment.
- You have, or are you able to get, high-speed internet service meeting minimum bandwidth requirements of 10 mbps downstream and 2 mbps upstream.