Austin , Texas , United States
Support and Service
Posted: Jul 1, 2021
Role Number: 200262742
Home Office: Yes
At Apple, we believe that hard work, a fun environment, creativity and innovation fuel the ultimate customer experience. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage, and inspire. By focusing on the smallest of details, we can make a big impact with our customers. Building this environment starts with you! Crafting extraordinary customer experiences is paramount at Apple and one of the key groups that help shape these experiences is Retail Customer Care (RCC). The RCC Sales Expert engages with customers by phone who are shopping on Apple's online store or those customers calling our local retail stores. During these customer interactions you will display extraordinary product knowledge regarding Apple products and other products offered on our website as well as outstanding customer focus. This position can be located on-site at the Apple campus in Austin, Texas or at home from any city across the US that has available internet infrastructure. You do not need to live in the city this is posted in to be considered.
- RCC Sales Expert experience in the Retail at Home program preferred
- 2+ years confirmed experience in a customer-facing sales or service environment
- Customer-focused individual with extraordinary interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate 'tech speak' into every day, understandable terms
- Ability to learn on the fly and adapt to an ever-changing sales environment and technologies
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Adept at working with ambiguity
- Skilled at displaying patience in all customer interactions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Displays emotional energy throughout the day while connecting with customers
- Has experience using a Mac and an iOS devices
- Technical experience in digital media (music, video, photography) a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot basic issues related to home-office technology
You will assist the customer on their journey to understanding and acquiring Apple products and services. You will receive 30 to 40 inbound calls per day requiring consultation. Our top performers are knowledgeable about Apple product features and related accessories, can translate use cases into customer recommendations and, ultimately, complete the transaction with the customer while providing a best-in-class customer experience. You will enjoy a dynamic, performance-based work environment where contacts are monitored, recorded and assessed. This position also requires a high degree of flexibility, potentially requiring individuals to work night and weekend hours. Lastly, you may, at times, receive call types not related to sales and will be required to provide support to ensure an extraordinary customer journey.
Education & Experience
BA/BS preferred, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. CST, including weekends and holidays, with additional flexibility during high volume times of the year.
- Is being an At-Home Service Specialist a great fit for you? Consider the following requirements:
- You have a private workspace in your house with a door, where ambient noise can be minimized during work hours.
- You can provide an ergonomic desk and chair. Your workspace allows for the proper installation of your technical equipment. You have, or are you able to get, high-speed internet service meeting minimum bandwidth requirements of 10 mbps downstream and 2 mbps upstream.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.