Experienced Trash Driver
Colorado Springs, Colorado
We are looking for a safety conscience Refuse Route Driverto join our team at Waste Connections of CO in Colorado Springs, CO. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
This position pays $19-$22 per hour depending on your experience - working 50-55 hours a week. Everything after 40 is paid overtime.
NOW WITH A $5,000 STAY ON BONUS!
This position is eligible for a safety bonus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 50-55 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
Apply today at www.careers.wasteconnections.com and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)