Web Application Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Aug 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200272784
Software has the power to touch people's lives in transformative ways. It excites you deeply to contribute, lead, and build empowering products and experiences that make a difference. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish!
- At least 5 years of work experience developing internet-facing web applications.
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of rich, accessible, interactive web content.
- A groundbreaking understanding and proven application of modern front-end web technologies, including JS (ES6+), HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, SCSS), and React.
- Unparalleled empathy for your users and thorough understanding of user-centered design, design-thinking methodologies, and human-computer interaction design principles.
- Experience managing sophisticated projects with multiple collaborators in GitHub.
- Engineering subject area to produce high-quality software with an acute focus on testability.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately manage scope and timelines for multiple projects, always delivering exceptional results on time. Proven track record to balance several high-priority tasks.
- Must be self-directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment.
- Experience developing beautiful wireframes, UX flows, mock-ups, and prototypes using tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Keynote, and/or Adobe Illustrator is nice to have.
The Emerging Technology team is searching for a hardworking and creative Web Application Engineer. Our team specializes in building novel web solutions across a wide portfolio of use cases. We are passionate about finding new ways to distill complicated workflows into simple, interactive experiences and tools. You will be comfortable working cross-functionally with the many team roles needed to make our software products successful such as project management, quality engineering, operations, management, and our business partners. You approach software systems from a user's perspective, working from the desired experience backwards into the technology stack. You have a particular love and appreciation for front-end engineering and emerging technologies. You obsess about details while keeping a project aligned with the big picture objectives. You'll work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment that has tight deadlines and minimal supervision that demands high quality, creativity, and complete product ownership. You will be instrumental in driving the overall success of our growing solution portfolio.
Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent industrial experience, is required.