Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- Develop new products, in partnership with Quality, Marketing and Manufacturing teams
- Initiate, design and execute multidimensional experiments
- Maintain & improve the current portfolio of coatings
- Coordinate with Quality and Manufacturing to improve performance and ease of manufacturing
- Lead major group projects and cross functional teams
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform product physical and application testing
- Manage and train junior Chemists and technicians
- Adhere to all laboratory safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Bachelor of Science and 5+ years formulating experience of architectural coatings as well as industrial maintenance coatings a plus.
- Strong people and cross functional team management skills
- Exhibits & fosters team behavior within & outside the laboratory
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Possess good analytical problem solving skills to make timely & accurate decisions
- Working knowledge of project management tools
- Clear & concise record keeping
- Working knowledge of various Spray equipment
- Understanding of local, state & federal regulations relating to VOC's and hazardous chemicals