The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
Quality Manager, Flanders NJ
We have a current opening in our quality organization located at our Flanders NJ facility. Position will focus on quality oversight of our contracted manufactured resins and contract manufactured paint products as well as other quality control related initiatives to improve testing or lab efficiencies. Person will interact with external companies and internal customers on a regular basis.
- Establish process for quality oversight of contract manufactured resins and paint products
- Create KPIs for contract manufactured products
- Conduct regular meetings with contract manufacturers to assist in scaleup of products and routine production oversight
- Track and analyze data of contract manufactured resins
- Assist in investigating out of specification results and anomalies
- Perform audits of potential new and existing resin suppliers and paint manufacturers
- Perform onsite oversight of new production at contract manufacturers as needed
- Validate of new or existing test methods and equipment used in resin manufacturing. Ability to plan, execute and report out on DOE, ANOVA or Gage R+R studies when necessary.
- Supervise laboratory personnel
- Perform laboratory testing, when needed
- Conduct statistical data analysis of product results
- Lead independent projects to optimize lab efficiencies or other quality functions
- Collaborate with Product Development teams, Corporate quality team and Manufacturing team to resolve quality issues and ensure quality product is released in a timely manner.
- Perform training activities to support quality functions
- Performs other quality duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Material/Polymer science related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years working in a quality control lab or quality assurance function such as chemicals, paint, cosmetics
- Minimum 3 years supervising personnel
- Knowledge and experience with vinyl acrylics, architectural coatings, alkyd resins a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional and flexible to change duties.
- Willingness to travel for contract manufacturing oversight (estimated 20%)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills