Worldwide Logistics Operations Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Aug 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200281910
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Reporting to the Director of WW Logistics Operations, the WWL Operations Manager will support overall logistics goals worldwide including Finished Goods Supply Chain Performance and Distribution Center (DC) Performance. The operations manager will oversee DC New Product Readiness, Capacity Planning Cadence, Quality Control and Operational Improvements. In addition, the role will provide WW Ocean and Rail management systems support and oversight including weekly execution, market conditions, tools, Supply Demand Management engagement, forecast and lead-time performance. The role includes Regional Logistics Support as required for special projects. Responsibility to drive logistics readiness initiatives and flawless execution, inclusive of all DC activities ranging from staffing, packaging, and operating plans. This position requires excellent executive presence, leadership skills and the ability to direct and lead change in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Candidate will be responsible for managing a small team and other cross-organizational teams in the execution of various logistics plans while ensuring complete confidentiality when required. Ability to work with ambiguity, be self-motivated driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This role works closely with extended domestic and international operations teams including the Regional Logistics Team, Supply Demand Management, Manufacturing and AppleCare to ensure logistics readiness.
- Key strategic planning meetings to influence and prepare.
- Coordination of DC and regional logistics activities.
- Worldwide communication and hosting of weekly and monthly meetings.
- Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingencies to mitigate.
- Prepare and present for logistics as required to support the business
- Program management
- Improve tools and processes to more efficiently and securely manage logistics processes, inventory control, new product launches and ocean / rail modes.
- Work with regional teams to resolve operational issues
- Support capacity planning tools and processes as required for DC Operations
- Provide analytical support to Logistics Operations focused in Key Performance Indicators and Forecasting
- Develop operational metrics to meet business requirements
- Support Logistics management on executive presentations
- Working cross functionally with supply chain and regional logistics teams
Transportation, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering and management experience Minimum 5 years direct management experience in a global environment Project Management and Supply Chain certifications are a plus Detail-orientated and ability to quickly pick up and lead programs/processes Ability to work outside comfort area and quickly establish relationships Strong project management skills. Strong process knowledge, expense controls and analytical skills Strong written and verbal communication skills Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills Senior management interface experience Strong analytical and Excel/Numbers skills
Education & Experience
MBA or BS/BA degree and 7-10 years of Logistics experience in Logistics, Supply Chain,