Online Marketing Specialist
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
About UC Online
At the University of Cincinnati Online (UC Online), we deliver a world-class experience for students seeking online flexibility and University of Cincinnati quality. From inquiry to graduation, we push the boundaries of what is possible and drive innovation in online education at the University of Cincinnati. With a student-centric approach and data-driven decision-making model, we support students through the online lifecycle of program discovery, program participation, and degree attainment. Our students realize their hope for a better future through real-life learning at an institution with a legacy of research, innovation, and accomplishment.
Responsible for the support and execution of unique marketing strategies and campaigns in support of University of Cincinnati Online (“UC Online”) certificates and degree programs.
• Support the Marketing team to adapt and tailor the marketing vision of UC Online into a multi-channeled and comprehensive marketing plan for each educational program.
• Assist the UC Online team as needed with execution of various marketing efforts.
• Execute all promotional print, direct mail marketing and conferences for UC Online marketing.
• Lead marketing strategy and tactics, including research, messaging and positioning, copy, campaigns, and media placement for all programs assigned and new program launches as they occur.
• Collaborate in the development, implementation, and execution of an integrated, marketing, and communications strategy.
• Monitor, track, and report on marketing campaigns and program activities.
• Track inquiries from potential students for educational programs from national, regional, and local audiences.
• Prepare weekly and monthly program and dashboard reports.
• Assist with marketing retention efforts, program development, and the launch of new educational programs.
• Coordinate and/or lead special projects related to UC Online.
• Develop and execute on-going student engagement efforts and performed other duties as assigned by UC Online leadership.
• Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Additional Qualifications Considered
• Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
• One (1) year of experience in product marketing, campaign planning including direct and/or interactive marketing, research, messaging, positioning, copywriting.
• An understanding of search, online advertising and pay-per-click (PPC).
• Excellent creative and copywriting skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Canva and Photoshop.
• Strong knowledge of project management fundamentals.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested candidates, please go to: https://bit.ly/2Y3FM05
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.