FHLBank Topeka’s products, services and programs help our member financial institutions provide affordable credit and support housing and community development efforts. We are accepting resumes for the position listed below.
Senior Software Developer
At an advanced level of proficiency, the individual in this position applies technical and team leadership skills in working with development staff to develop, maintain, and support the Bank's software application systems and related tools. The position will identify, make recommendations and implement process improvements and will provide guidance and mentoring to other team members in development methods and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or its equivalent. Graduate degree or professional certification is preferred.
- Advanced level of competency with at least seven years of similar or related experience with a minimum of two years of advanced software development experience.
- Advanced understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts, and web development is required.
- Ability to think orderly, logically and analytically and strong problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.
- Functional understanding of the technologies utilized by FHLBank.
- Experience with Agile Development methods is a plus.
In addition to a rewarding, team-oriented work environment, FHLBank Topeka offers opportunities for growth and development, an attractive benefit package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance and much more. To apply for this position, please go to FHLBank’s website at http://www.fhlbtopeka.com/careers.