Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Location: Cincinnati - Ohio
Location: Kalamazoo - Michigan
The Commercial Sales Specialist (CSS) is a sales support role focused on enablement within Global Sales and Marketing (GSM). This position aligns to the Rockwell Automation vision, mission, and values by defining, driving, and supporting critical sales processes, tools, and initiatives for both internal and external stakeholders. Establishing and maintaining key relationships with customers and distributor partners is critical to success in this role and for the regional field sales organization overall.
Responsibilities/Functions(includes but not limited to the following):
- Partner with customer facing resources for pre- and post-sales support functions and provide input on their usage in sales strategies. Support activity is expected to be conducted both in-person and in a virtual capacity depending on regional alignment and physical location.
- Manage internal and external customer requests and apply creativity and critical thinking to address and resolve inquiries and issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide training to internal and external stakeholders on sales operations and enablement processes, tools, and collateral, and act as a subject matter expert to provide recommendations on their usage.
- Lead local distributor competency program to drive proficiency in Rockwell Automation tools, processes, procedures, and products through training, communication, reporting, and other proactive measures.
- Partner with Channel Sales Team & Distributors to improve sales performance & productivity and collaborate with others to resolve issues and improve sales execution.
- Serve as a point of escalation for order management, pricing agreements, concessions, and customer experience issues.
- Manage and/or support local commercial events and other promotional programs.
- Drive lead generation processes and initiatives including qualification support, prospect research, and obtaining customer contact information.
- Use sales data, pricing information, and account knowledge to generate customer analytics and provide competitive analysis to support and advance account strategy.
- Identify opportunities to increase market share and improvement areas in the selling process.
- Lead and/or support project teams and change programs including initiatives to establish or enhance sales processes, tools, and competencies to drive measurable Sales and Distributor productivity improvement.
- Work effectively with other members of the operations team and train new team members on processes, tools, and other job functions as necessary; lead and/or support North America and Global Commercial Operations and Sales Enablement Initiatives.
- Provide field sales office facilities management support as directed by the Sales Operations Manager.
- Minimum 4 or more years of experience in a support role preferably within sales or operational related field.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Strong customer support engagement skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a Sales environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and manage time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline, marketing, or business-related field.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office and 365 for Business tools.
- Familiarity with or certifications in Lean Six Sigma, Project Management or similar disciplines
- Previous experience in a Sales or Sales support is desired.
- Experience with CRM, ERP, and/or MES systems.
- Knowledge of industrial automation business and related product and service offerings.
- Ability to influence those outside your reporting structure.
- Innovative and creative problem solving.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).