Are you an experienced Catering Manager that has a passion for creativity and is looking for
an exciting and challenging new position?
Sodexo is seeking a Catering Manager 3 at Ameriprise Financial Headquarters located in Minneapolis, MN.
This catering manager will be responsible for the execution of all catered events on campus. While working with the General Manager this candidate will work closely with clients, and the culinary team to develop multiple catering events simultaneously. Additional skills include experience in high volume environments, employee/staff training, labor management and control systems. A strong emphasis will be placed on client and customer engagement, strengthening the catering operations and growing catering and conference business. Events at this site are typically held during the week with weekends and holidays off!
The successful candidate will:
- identify and exceed client needs and expectations;
- have demonstrated knowledge of catering and catering logistics, casual and fine dining, and banquet management;
- ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- maintain and improve service levels resulting in increased customer satisfaction;
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed;
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- solid organizational and multitasking abilities;
- excellent leadership and team building skills;
- the ability to handle catering at all levels from coffee breaks to executive level events;
- professional demeanor is required.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.