SodexoMAGIC on the campus of Jackson State University is seeking a high performer with a proven track record of success for an experienced Executive Chef 2 opportunity in Jackson, MS.
Relocation Assistance is being offered
$5,000 Sign On Bonus is available
Looking for an Executive Chef 2, with an aspiration to show his or her skill level. High end cooking and catering skills, able to manage and develop culinary team. Strong computer skills and acknowledgement of food and proper sanitation.
Jackson State University is a diverse, technologically-advanced four-year university steeped in history and committed to preparing its students to become global leaders. We provide a caring and nurturing environment in which to challenge our students to improve themselves and serve others. Designated as a high research activity university, Jackson State continues to enhance the state, nation and world through comprehensive economic development, healthcare, technological and educational initiatives.
The campus dining program consist of 2700 resident boarders; retail operations with National brands (Chick-fa-la, Burger King, World of Wingery, Pizza Hut, Starbucks WPS), SodexoMAGIC Signature brands (Simply to Go, The Market Place and Walter Payton Grill) and Mexican and Deli shops; on- and off-campus catering; and football concessions. The unit has approximately 150 employees.
We are looking for candidates with good presentation skills, the ability to teach and motivate the culinary staff. Along with a strong attention to details.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills.