You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive District Manager to oversee Facilities Operations at Troy University which is comprised of 4 separate campuses - Main campus in Troy, Montgomery campus, Dothan campus, and Phenix City campus. Troy University's beautiful, historic main campus is in Troy, AL. The surrounding city of Troy is a charming Southern city with a picturesque town square featuring unique boutiques and food options. For 16 consecutive years, TROY has been named to The Princeton Review's "Best in the Southeast" list. The position will interact with senior-level leadership at a very high level.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for this exciting opportunity!
The successful candidate will provide strong strategic senior level Facilities Operations leadership while working with the clients on all matters relating to contract and account operations to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship. Day to day responsibilities will include providing overall planning, strategic innovation and implementation, direction, evaluation and control to assigned units to achieve operations and financial goals, participation on a team, HR functions, establishing and maintaining effective customer/client rapport, and providing guidance to a team of managers.
As Executive Director for Facilities Operations at Troy, you will:
- Develop/maintain an integrated, strategically aligned facilities organization demonstrating and supporting a commitment to client services. Provide senior level direction for all major Facilities projects. Direct the daily operations of all areas of the Facilities Management Department and ensure that all work supports and is consistent with institutional standards.
- Lead initiatives to standardize the operations, maintenance, renovation and construction of campus buildings. Manage implementation of the University's Master Plan.
- Establish and enhance Facilities goals and objectives, allocate resources, control operating expenses, and ensure efficient operation of all departmental functions with sound maintenance practices. Manage annual budget of over $14 million including salaries and benefits, operating expenses, and major renewal and replacement projects. Secure funding as appropriate.
- Establish, implement and update Facilities policies and procedures to support the College's Mission. Provide strategic leadership by aligning Facilities Management's performance and its mission statement with the College's culture, expectations, and long-range plans.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with key on and off campus clients, including divisional vice presidents, neighborhood, city, state and federal agencies. Represent Facilities information and report to senior administration and the Board of Trustees relative to all Facilities Management projects.
- Ensure the periodic measurement and evaluation of Facilities performance to ensure continuous quality improvement and the highest level of customer service.
- Coordinate remodel projects; identify which projects can be completed by internal staff, versus external contractors. Coordinate and engage architects and structural engineers, as needed.
- Work with City of Troy Departments and inspectors to ensure compliance with building codes and requirements.
- Complete daily "early morning" quality inspection rounds for campus.
- Remain current with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and ensure college compliance.Coordinate response to annual state and/or other governmental inspections.
- Obtain bids for projects and continually evaluate vendor pricing and services to ensure quality of work and savings for the University; work closely with Procurement to obtain Purchase Orders.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Master's Degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years previous experience in facilities management in a large, complex university environment.
- Knowledge of a wide range of trades, and building codes/requirements.
- Have proven success providing innovative, out of the box strategies to complex issues.
- Excellent leadership skills, and willing to teach skills to less experienced employees - prior Military experience a plus!
WHY SODEXO AT TROY UNIVERSITY?
Troy has been ranked in 2021 in the following: Best Colleges - Niche, US News and World Report Best College -Most Innovative, Best Colleges in Alabama, The 50 Best College Towns to Live in Forever, and The Princeton Review's Best Regional Colleges. Walk the grounds, talk to our students and faculty, and feel the Trojan Warrior Spirit!
To learn more about Troy University campuses, visit: https://www.troy.edu/about-us/troy-campus/index.html
Sound like the opportunity you have been waiting for? APPLY TODAY!
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable, and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo: How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career opportunities.