Sodexo's School Services is in search of a Human Resource Manager 3 for Millard Public Schools located in Omaha, NE. Sodexo has been in partnership with MPS for over 10 years and is currently managing food services, custodial services, facilities and grounds-keeping at 35 sites within the school system. This HR leadership role will support and oversee employee relations, recruitment and training functions. He or she will office out of Millard Public Schools and will travel to the different sites as needed.
The HR Manager will be the primary contact for over 400 employees in the areas of conflict resolution and employee advocacy. He or she will also support the operation managers in meeting all requirements in training, hiring, and employee documentation.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees full cycle recruitment and on-boarding of hourly employees;
- Builds and develops a robust candidate pool through networking, creating relationships with community groups and local schools, and participating in career fairs;
- Manages and administers HR programs;
- Educate managers and employees on HR policies, plans, programs, practices, processes and tools;
- Provides coaching and mentoring that includes developmental plans, training, resources, and opportunities;
- Assist with resolving employee issues that require special handling and recommend appropriate resolutions;
- Oversee fact-finding investigation activities related to internal and external inquiries, complaints, and concerns and prescribe appropriate remedy to resolve complaint or concern;
- Monitors employee time and attendance, labor tracking and data collection using KRONOS automated time tracking software;
- Maintains records and reports necessary to comply with company, government, and accrediting agency standards;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- proficiency in all MS office products
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Learn more about Billings Public Schools at: https://www.mpsomaha.org/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.