LIBRARY DIRECTOR JOB POSTING
OCONTO FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Board of Trustees of the Oconto Falls Public Library in Oconto Falls, Wisconsin, is seeking an organized and spirited leader to direct the operation of its community library. The City of Oconto Falls is a dynamic and growing community of just over 3,000 citizens and is located on the beautiful flowing Oconto River. The library also serves as a community resource for outlying rural townships and villages. This community has an excellent school system, two beaches, east and west side, a 9-hole golf course, hiking and biking trails, three banks and one credit union, two health clinics, and the HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital.
RESPONBILITIES: Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, this position manages all aspects of library operations including but not limited to:
1. The hiring, mentoring and supervision of all librarians, assistants, substitutes, and volunteers who work in the library.
2. Managing of all library resources, including human resources.
3. Purchasing, cataloguing, and organization of acquisitions.
4. Designing and implementing services and programs for users of all ages.
5. Budgetary preparation, monitoring and maintenance, with emphasis of use of spreadsheets and databases.
6. Assisting the Board with long-range planning and policy development.
7. Overseeing the maintenance and safety of the library building and grounds; collaborating with city
8. Work closely with Nicolet Federated Library System and OWLSnet Consortium following policies and procedure established by both.
9. Knowledge of a variety of computer systems, and the ability to teach systems to both staff and the public.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelors Degree from a four-year university and a Wisconsin Public Librarian
Certification, Grade II, or eligibility for a Grade II Wisconsin Library Certificate within two years of hiring; knowledge of current library practices, technology and trends; advanced budgetary planning and monitoring experience; excellent interpersonal skills; and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with their staff, the Board, the City of Oconto Falls officials, community organizations, and the general public.
COMPENSATION: The total compensation and benefits is based on qualifications, work history and experience, with a minimum starting salary range of $38,000 to $45,000 for a full-time position. The position may at times require working evenings and Saturdays. Benefits include vacation, sick, personal time, holiday pay, and retirement, with dental and vision available as an add-on.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, college transcript, a City of Oconto Falls job application form (available at https://cityofocontofalls.com/employment), and three professional references by September 30th, 2021. Finalists may be required to furnish additional information. Materials should be submitted as follows:
By mail: Joan Denis
City of Oconto Falls Library
251 N. Main Street
Oconto Falls, WI 54154
Or Simply click APPLY to email your resume.