Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Develops technical solutions and management processes by means of implementing systems or enterprise-wide solutions, using the company's or a third-party's hardware/software products. Develops and recommends solutions and strategies, based on the analysis of customer business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure. Participates in sales and proposal presentations in addition to completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional product/services opportunities in customer organization.
Position allows remote work anywhere within the United States
To be the commercial leader for assigned customer opportunities that meet the definition of a Power Solutions and Services project.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, planning, and delegating when possible in order to meet customer established timelines for approved Power Solutions and Services project pursuits. This would include creating accurate budgetary ROMs within (2) working days of opportunity identification including the entire scope. If negotiating timelines, current target response times are (2) weeks budgetary, (3) weeks firm, (4) weeks with PARB approvals.
- Work with sales to filter opportunities to pursue as well provide input to increasing successes through the Win Strategy process.
- Support Sales by contributing to design strategies early in the sales cycle to influence customer biasing and specification writing.
- Responsible for taking all measures that will ensure the successful outcome of the assigned projects
- Requires the ability to collaborate and lead exceptionally well in a cross-functional environment both commercially and technically. Engagement would include but not be limited to other Proposal Specialists, Sales Offices, Channel Partners, RA Business Units, Contracts, and Negotiations.
- Employ commercial and technical skills and creativity to maximize RA profit and growth opportunities while negotiate internally and externally leveraging a sound understanding of cost, value, and profit margin to establish pricing with approvals.
- Be proficient to obtain approvals in compliance with Rockwell policies including executive level (PARB) approvals.
- Coordinate and manage legal terms and conditions as needed to support proposal delivery terms, includes interfacing with RA C&N legal and contracts team, 3rd Party and coordinating customer activity as well in this subject
- Maintain Power Solutions and Services Business tools on a daily basis as opportunities evolve. This will support automation of important activities such as Forecasting, IPP reporting and facilitate timely opportunity management without the need to ensure data quality while being available at any time.
- Actively seek out and participate in continuous improvement, through feedback, formal and informal training opportunities that will address identified gaps as well as further strengthening skills required for the role.
- Be able to convincingly articulate the Power System and Services value message, business models in any given scenario or situation including value through direct sales or various distributor situations.
- Be able to support proposals with customers while instilling confidence in the solution.
- Apply engineering skills to perform engineering analysis to help qualify our equipment in the application. Network internally to understand and apply product synergies
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies, and procedures as appropriate for this position
- Maintaining Quotation Database for proper reporting
- Follow up with sales/customers on proposals
- Understand, manage, and project reviews including risk
- BS in Engineering discipline
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required will not sponsor for this role.
- Prefer five or more years of experience with Electrical systems and installation
- Experience with Prefabricated Modular Buildings, Single Line Drawings, motors, switchgear, transformers, and PLCs
- Good knowledge of industrial products and applications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to work in a cross-regional team
- Demonstrated technical communication and documentation skills in order to clearly develop proposals, convey project status updates, design information, technical issues/resolutions, and complete project milestone reviews.
- Demonstrated customer (internal and external) relationship skills.
- Basic understanding of Packaged Power Systems
- Previous sales experience
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).