Location: Birmingham - Alabama
Location: Mobile - Alabama
The Technology Consultant is a technical sales resource for Rockwell Automation that is responsible for articulating and presenting the capabilities and benefits of the Rockwell Automation portfolio within their area(s)
of expertise to customers. The Technology Consultant provides pre-sales support for a specific range of products within a defined geography, considered to be a technical product expert and is a trusted advisor to the sales organization and channel. The Technology Consultant will augment Distributor Specialist capability in areas lacking coverage. When required, the Technology Consultant will assist in commercial marketing activities, interface with Product Business Units, be the Point of Contact for product and quality issues, provide post sales troubleshooting when needed, and act as a local interface with Tech Support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Be the technical product expert and focal point in the region/country for the specific product range.
- Proactively facilitate and/or provide product-based training to the sales force & channel.
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the product range to existing and new customers with presentations, demonstrations, proof of concepts, performance tests and/or similar activities.
- Generate and present proposals.
- Define and articulate product differentiators and values versus competition.
- Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor's strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and/or similar marketing activities, offering demonstrations and product expertise with customers where needed.
- Support market access (Distributor & Systems Integrators) when appropriate to ensure their capability in articulating the value and demonstration of RA product or technologies.
- Assist Business Lead in launch of new products to the sales force and channel.
- Validate and resolve compatibility issues of products within architectural solutions and provide guidance to customers/sales force.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Update customers on new products and technology as related to customer's industry and application needs as a resource to the named account team.
- Provide product gap and development feedback to appropriate business unit.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Interface with Tech Support on post sales product issues.
- Understand business models, organization and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of the industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Understands the business drivers and KPI's of the customer.
- Optimizing activities by using customer relationship management tools consistently.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 50% of time or more
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Valid driver's license.
- Software industry experience
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, manufacturing operations, systems integration, or an engineering firm
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Demonstrated ability to sell at the senior management & executive levels and convey Rockwell Automation's products & services in a manner which demonstrate tangible economic value.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).