Environmental Services / Custodial
Yes - According to Grade
Relocation assistance available!
Are you looking for a new rewarding role? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing or production environment? If you this role is for you!
Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services / Facilities Manager for a corporate services client in Inwood, WV. This position supports this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Facilities teams in the delivery of safe, sanitary, and innovative services to our customers. You manage a team of over 50 FTEs and be a part of the Sodexo's management team. This is a day shift role; however, this manager should have the flexibility of working some weekends and holidays if needed.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Environmental Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and oversees day-to-day custodial and grounds activities
- Supervises the performance of all custodial and grounds personnel; evaluates performance after consulting with the principals; assigns and reviews work
- Develops and prepares work schedules; prioritizes and coordinates duties and assignments of operations crews; assures effective workflow and facilitates operations; adjusts work schedules as necessary
- Communicates with District and site administrators, personnel, vendors, sales representatives, and others regarding supplies and materials
- Reviews and revises work methods and procedures to assure efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with established regulations, policies, and standards
- Plans and delivers custodial in-service programs, presentations, and workshops as directed
- Participates in the selection of new personnel as assigned; recommends and participates in disciplinary action as needed
- Reviews custodial and ground reports and work orders to determine materials, labor, and time requirements.
- Coordinates and implements all Safety programs and procedures related to buildings, grounds, and custodial operations
- Prepares and submits recommendations related to staffing levels, requisitions equipment and supplies for regular and special projects
- Determines and purchases needed custodial, and grounds supplies and equipment; assists the Director of Maintenance and Operations in the development of the preliminary Maintenance and Operations budget
- Responds to after-hours emergency security calls in absence of available site personnel
- Assures the preparation and of required records, reports, and statistics
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP
- 5 + years' management experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Ability to promote good working relationships with management team, frontline team members, and the client
- Active participant who is self-motivated, always demonstrates a positive & professional demeanor
- Proven leader and has led a team of managers to become a high performing team
- Excellent planning/organizing skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable presenting information to large groups
- Excellent working knowledge of processes in production, quality, and familiar with FDA requirements
- Attention to detail
- The ability to effectively prioritize work with competing priorities
- Ability to manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations
- Can demonstrate large operational improvements in production processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to successfully achieve positive results
- Someone who has experience Lean manufacturing is a plus
- Proven safety record that has creative ways to enhance and improve the safety culture
- Ensure proper data management and accurate client invoicing
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of work experience in Housekeeping, Environmental or Custodial Services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.