Sodexo is seeking a high performer with a proven track record of success for an experienced Executive Chef 2 opportunity at Waterman Village Retirement Community in Mount Dora, FL.
Looking for an Executive Chef 2, with an aspiration to show his or her skill level. High end cooking and catering skills, with the ability to manage and develop culinary team. Strong computer skills and acknowledgement of food and proper sanitation.
In this role, you will manage food production for 300+ residents, retail venues, and catered events with the focus on resident involvement and well-being. The food services team offers one retail cafe, Bistro (on-site steak house style restaurant), and SNF/ALF/IL residents dining programs. Your skills to support the focus of driving elevated food quality and culinary innovation in all aspects of the process and to enhance and maintain a high level of satisfaction for our Residents will be of most importance.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
- is an independent self-starter who can work in a high-paced environment with a very demanding client who can multi-task while managing 20 to 30 associates.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high-volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
- to maintain extremely high standards and work flexible hours.
- great customer service and networking skills.
Waterman Village requires a COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Also required, Level I and Level II background check, TB, and drug screen.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.