Yes - According to Grade
Relocation assistance available!
You are a strategic, innovative Facilities Operations Manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Bring your leadership skills and willingness to learn and lead your team to success and we will provide competitive salary, full benefits, and a challenging and rewarding work experience with a great team! It is an opportunity to be part of the blueprint for success.
Sodexo Corporate Services Division is seeking an experienced Facilities Operations Manager to support a location for one of our global partners. This location is located in Inwood, West Virginia. This position has full oversight to a fast-paced team of about 5 employees in two locations. This manager is the # 2 manager onsite reporting directly to the Director of Facilities Operations.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and reliability of client's facilities and general infrastructure systems. Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of maintenance work internally or by subcontractors
- Supervises skilled administrative services and technical/support staff. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary
- Develops, recommends, and administers policies, procedures, and processes in support of grounds and building maintenance operations; implements and monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes
- Administers procurement and fiscal management activities associated with building and grounds maintenance activities, which may include: RFPs, and contracts for storeroom and maintenance related work to acquire trades and professional assistance; monitoring spending on project and cost account basis; recommending and implementing corrective spending plans; reviewing and authorizing purchase orders; administering contracts; obtaining price quotes and bids; purchasing and approving employee purchases; ensuring compliance with company policies; and/or, performing other related activities
- Trouble-shoots and responds to after-hour issues as needed regarding the operational aspects of the facilities such as HVAC issues, fire alarm malfunctions, electrical outages, water leaks, etc.
- Monitors the safety and accessibility of the client facilities. Serves as the point of contact for the department for code (e.g. ADA, Fire Life Safety) compliance issues, accessibility improvement projects, and/or other code related issues
- Updates and maintains list of in-scope facilities equipment, including life-cycle and replacement costs
- Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreements are met and work is completed satisfactorily
- Participates in the development and administration of grounds and building maintenance budget; coordinates the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommends approval of expenditures
- Collects and analyzes a variety of complex data and information, including utility costs and usage. Performs statistical analysis and summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums
- Participates in/on a variety of client facing engagements (e.g. meetings, committees (including chairing), task forces, and/or other related groups) to communicate information regarding services, programs, areas of opportunity, and/or other pertinent information as appropriate
- Serves as a liaison with other departments/business units and external agencies (as applicable) in order to provide information on available resources, projects, and/or services
- As part of the department's Emergency Management (Incident Command System) essential personnel requires after hour and 24/7 on-call for response as needed
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MAXIMO, and SAP
- 5 + years' management experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Ability to promote good working relationships with management team, frontline team members, and the client
- Active participant who is self-motivated, always demonstrates a positive & professional demeanor
- Proven leader and has led a team of managers to become a high performing team
- Excellent planning/organizing skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, comfortable presenting information to large groups
- Excellent working knowledge of processes in production, quality, and familiar with FDA requirements
- Attention to detail
- The ability to effectively prioritize work with competing priorities
- Ability to manage complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple locations
- Can demonstrate large operational improvements in production processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions to successfully achieve positive results
- Someone who has experience Lean manufacturing is a plus
- Proven safety record that has creative ways to enhance and improve the safety culture
- Ensure proper data management and accurate client invoicing
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is generally performed in both an office, manufacturing plant floor spaces, and outdoor environments, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required
- Incumbents may be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Incumbent may be exposed to extreme temperatures, close quarter situations, high and precarious places, moving mechanical parts, and vibrations
- Applicant must be able to operate motor vehicles
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up - Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account - multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers - unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.