Fast Paced, Problem Solving
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant?
- As a natural problem-solver, you thrive on challenges. You're also an expert at implementing solutions.
- Do you enjoy a high energy, fast paced environment?
Sodexo is seeking a Laundry - General Manager 3 for NYC Health & Hospital located in New York City, New York. This is a large Multi Location Hospital System, for Linen Distribution to 16 locations. THIS IS A DAY SHIFT POSITION, WITH SOME WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. THIS POSITION REPORT TO AN AREA GENERAL MANAGER ON - SITE
Our Sodexo Healthcare Linen team, works to direct Linen operations at healthcare client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction. At Sodexo Healthcare, patients are the heart of everything we do. Our ability to create a, healthy and comfortable environment for hospitals is key to the full patient experience.
The successful candidate will:
- have exceptional client service mentality and executive presence;
- be responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores;
- provide a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and works closely with the Infectious Control department;
- effectively manages the Unit Operating System; and/or
- support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are leaders who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a housekeeping system;
- are an expert in building and maintain strong customer / client relationships;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- have 3-5 years previous director level experience preferably in a hospital environment;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are proficient with computers and other technology;
- have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations; and/or
- have strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Directs the daily operations of a medium to large industrial laundry facility in the processing and delivery of linens. Responsible for engineering and maintenance of all equipment. Maintains responsibility over budgeting, financial forecasting cash control and payroll records. Drives growth and efficiencies. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains client satisfaction and good public relations. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account. May be responsible for multiple clients.
-Directs all contract services in a medium -large laundry plant
-Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for day-to-day operational and production functions as well as cash control and payroll
-Financial Management - budgeting, forecasting, financial performance
-Customer and client satisfaction
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.