Mueller, Inc. is a manufacturer of pre-engineered steel building
systems, metal roofing & components.
We now seek a Regional Driver / Material Handler for our Amarillo, Texas branch.
Regional Drivers/Material Handlers perform product loading/unloading and delivery activities in a customer responsive, safe and efficient manner.
- Perform material handling activities to include loading and unloading material on a trailer by hand, forklift or overhead crane.
- Reconcile material requirements with shipping list to ensure delivery is correct and obtain appropriate customer signatures to verify receipt.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer and have deficiencies corrected if vehicle is not safe to operate.
- Operate onboard recording system and adhere to company policies, D.O.T. regulations, and all federal, state and local traffic laws while driving.
- Deliver products during the day through the use of a piggy-back trailer mounted forklift (training available) at customer job sites and locations.
- Provide courteous, prompt, and professional customer service at all times.
- Position requires frequent standing, lifting, bending and moving of heavy products (60+ pounds).
- May be exposed to varying temperatures and seasonal climate conditions due to exposure, external of tractor-trailer.
- Inspect and clean vehicle to make sure that all functions are working correctly, safely, and good appearance is maintained.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping activities.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide and ensure customer-focused activities, deliverables and services.
Compensation & Benefits
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of CDL certified truck driving experience.
- Must be able to drive interstate as business necessitates.
- Must be able to pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical.
- Must be insurable according to company insurance requirements.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
- Estimated annual cash compensation of $60,000 - $70,000.
- Generous employer paid benefits valued at $5 to $10 an hour.
- Dual Medical/Rx Plan Options - Base Plan: 100% paid premiums for the employee and children; spouse coverage available for a nominal payroll contribution. Buy-Up Plan: nominal payroll contribution for the employee, children and spouse
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- Occupational Illness & Injury
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Dental Insurance
Click "Apply" to submit an application on our website today!
Equal Opportunity Employer /Veterans/ Disabled