Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 2, 2021
Role Number: 200284080
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Are you interested in building high-performance, highly scalable and available database systems that support Apple's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Please read ahead. Data Services Team is looking for a hardworking Engineer with 5+ years experience for its Austin office The Database Engineer will engineer solutions for multiple database technologies and will be in charge of fast-paced, sophisticated distributed database environments supporting OLTP systems across multiple platforms. A strong candidate will be able to rapidly fix sophisticated technical problems under multifaceted situations, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while prioritizing multiple customer groups. Deep experience with MongoDB Database concepts, strong administration experience, and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- 5 years of experience working as a DBA or Database Engineer with oracle/mongo/redis/Graph
- Deep knowledge of database architecture, database modeling, high availability, data storage with enterprise management processes.
- Experience in data replication and intimate knowledge on the intricacies of data replication
- Strong attention to detail and passionately analytical, data driven approach to debugging of database platforms
- Strong and thoughtful engineering with Python, Java, and/or Go
- Approach automation with "Build it once, fix it everywhere" thought process.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP
- Experience with containerization technology like Kubernetes with respect to database technology is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of hardware components and their impact on database technologies - storage, controllers, network interfaces, CPU and memory.
Design, architect, build and continuously develop a high performance and highly available database infrastructure. Work alongside Application team in advancing their pivotal initiatives. Support various load tests from Application teams during ramp up period. Support various database maintenance activities like Database Upgrades, Patch Management, User Management and backups. Develop innovation, strategies, processes and standard methodologies. Create Automation for repeating database tasks. Implement industry-wide standard methodologies and daily health checks with in host server and database environments. Work closely with Internal Infra teams on infra strategies, operational readiness, engineering standards and designs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience