Stability Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200271816
Join our Stability Engineering team and help us take our software quality to the next level !! We are looking for a highly technical Tools and Automation Engineer with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. Our team analyzes and produces insights from diagnostic and usage data from all Apple platforms such as iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. We use our data to advise Apple's strategic direction for optimizing its products and services to deliver the best possible user experience.Our team focuses on tools and systems for measuring critical metrics and quality across all our platforms.
- At least 3 years software development experience building and consuming REST APIs with Ruby or Python
- Solid programming fundamentals and understanding of software engineering workflow
- Good knowledge of version control systems like Git
- Ability to write readable and maintainable code
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem solving and analytical skills
You will work on a team of engineers with diverse technical backgrounds from big data to web engineering to design, build and enhance the APIs, data flows, tools and websites that drive stability in Apple's products. Teams across Software Engineering depend on our work to understand how their code is performing in the field and know which bugs to focus on. This is a high visibility role with opportunities to work on a broad range of technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Science, Math, or Computer related area.
- Ability to identify gaps or inefficiencies in processes or workflow and suggest improvements
- Understanding of large-scale applications. ETL experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills