App Store Product Marketing Manager, Discovery Platform Optimization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 2, 2021
Role Number: 200284055
The App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week in 175 countries. We created the store with two goals in mind: that it be a safe and trusted place for customers to discover and download apps, and a great business opportunity for all developers. Today, apps have transformed the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions, and we believe we're just getting started. Apple offers App Stores designed for each of our platforms, iOS, iPadOS, macOS, WatchOS, and tvOS. In this role, you'll be responsible for driving product objectives and the roadmap for key features for helping customers discover new apps across all of our platforms. You will work on features to help customers browse and search for the right apps and adapt those to meet the unique opportunities of each device, with a focus on our macOS, WatchOS, and tvOS platforms. You'll work with partners in engineering, design, business, and marketing to define, deliver, and optimize features that help customers discover the best apps and games for them. A large part of your efforts will be shaping how we communicate our key features and software releases to our customers.
- 3+ years of product management experience in which you delivered complex consumer-focused projects that brought joy to customers
- Strong written and communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify key opportunities and measure impact
- Effective at understanding technical challenges and communicating with engineering partners.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrive in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handle decisions with ease, while navigating ambiguity
- Great design and product sensibilities with demonstrated experience working on mobile or desktop apps
- Experienced with optimization using data analysis, experimentation, and A/B testing
- A strong understanding of technology, the process of software engineering, and UI design are necessary. Ability to convey complex ideas clearly to all levels of the organization
- Responsible for defining, delivering, marketing, and measuring world-class discovery experiences on the App Store across Apple's platforms - Prepare and manage product requirements from conception to launch - Balance input from a wide variety of internal partners with potentially distinct priorities and timelines - Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Program Managers, and Marketing teams to plan, build, and launch high-quality product experiences - Ensure consistency in the App Store experience while helping optimize the App Store for the needs of each new device ecosystem using experimentation, data analysis, and research - Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers, and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage - Drive and participate in user-experience research to identify obstacles, improve ease-of-use and customer satisfaction
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience