Optical Sensing HW - Electrical Engineer (Laser Sensing)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 2, 2021
Role Number: 200284893
Design, develop, and launch next-generation sensing technologies. The Laser-sensing hardware team integrates optical-sensing devices across many Apple products. We are looking for someone who knows analog and signal processing, has board-level design experience, and is excited about working with embedded systems. Experience with optical sensors is a plus but not required.
- - Strong electrical engineering and signal processing knowledge in analog and mixed-signal circuit design.
- - Hands-on EE experience with board-level bring-up, electrical lab/FA tools (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.), and modeling using SPICE or COMSOL.
- - Coding experience with a scripting (e.g., MATLAB or Python) and/or a compiled language (e.g., C++, C#, or Objective C) for HW automation and data acquisition.
- - Sensor and system-integration/embedded systems experience preferred.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excels in team environments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Sensor definition, specifically architecting analog front end requirements. - Sensor design/modeling, analog circuit simulations, schematics, and layout design/review of PCBs and flexible assemblies. - System validation and failure-mode/root-cause analysis. - Business travel to support product development (typical 10-15%). - Technology scoping, proof-of-concept investigations, and system level prototyping. - Analysis of manufacturing data to influence product decisions. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical, Firmware, and Process Engineering. - Present to Executive Management on key developments / issues. - Strategic decision-making on technology and investments.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics or bachelors degree and work experience in the area.