Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 2, 2021
Role Number: 200284875
This role is primarily a Manufacturing Engineering function with an emphasis on the integration of complex, multidisciplinary RF electromechanical systems. Main tasks of the role will be to assist in assembly processes, ramp prototype / production assembly lines, and troubleshoot manufacturing processes. Other tasks include helping to facilitate Design for Manufacturing improvements to hardware, managing communications from Contract Manufacturers to internal design teams, and if needed, designing parts and fixtures.
- The candidate must be able to take complete ownership of a project, module, subassembly, and/or design specification
- Devise testing methods, procedures, and failure analyses related to electromechanical assemblies
- Experience in designing machined and sheet metal parts with foresight on potential issues that impact manufacturability
- Deep understanding of how parts interface within an assembly
- Will assist in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure build accuracy, quality, and efficiency
- Will need to create detailed documentation such as BOMs, interface specs, test procedures, presentations for management, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical testing techniques such as shock, vibe, and thermal HALT testing
Can lead CM integrations efforts, often multiple projects concurrently Provide direction to third party suppliers and/or CMs if needed. Provide technical feedback in cross-functional reviews to both internal teams and CMs. Travel to test sites, suppliers, and CMs for assembly line builds as needed Estimated travel time will be up to 25% during builds Drive failure analysis and issue resolution when working with CMs REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS 5+ years experience assembly of products with CMs 3+ years of designing and building products using 3D CAD software Experience with typical Mechanical Engineering testing procedures (shock / vibe / thermal / safety / etc.)
Education & Experience
Minimum BS Mechanical Engineering or related degree