Murken Thompson, a niche tax and accounting firm located in Swisher, IA, is looking for an Office Manager to add to its growing team. As an office manager in our tax and accounting firm, you will be responsible for improving work flow through direct and indirect interaction with staff and clientele. We are looking for a skilled manager and coordinator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. This person will be an integral part of our team, ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting and improving business activities. This candidate, above all, will be an organized and competent professional with impressive communication skills.
This position offers flexibility for the right candidate and can be 25 hours to full-time depending on the candidates’ needs.
Successful Candidates should have great communication, technology and organizational skills. Candidate will need to be able to improve processes, analyze and make improvements to work flow and communicate effective change.
The job applicant must have experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Manager. Tax and / or accounting experience is not required but a definite plus.
$22-27 / hour
Full-Time $44,720 – 56,160
Industruy leading benefits package
- Welcome and greet clients by phone and in person
- Answering and directing inquiries
- Maintaining online calendars
- Managing processes for tax returns such as assembly, DocuSign and e-filing
- Billing and accounts receivable processing
- Managing cloud-based client portal
- Seasonal tax and accounting administration
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years administrative experience in a professional services business
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office and PC Skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Candidate must be able to work well in a professional team environment, have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and multi-task effectively.
Click apply now to apply via email today!