Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: United States of America Columbus
Location: United States of America Pittsburgh
The Scrum Master is a member of an agile software or embedded software development team. The Scrum Master is a servant leader who helps the team self-organize, self-manage, and achieve its goals via effective Agile, Lean, and ScrumXP practices. Can be a Scrum Master of 1-2 agile teams.
Understands and effectively applies and coaches Agile and Lean principles within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The Scrum Master creates and maintains an environment for continuous learning and relentless improvement.
Helps the agile team coordinate dependencies with other teams and communicates status of these dependencies as needed. Collaborates with other agile teams to identify, promote, and adopt best practices and lessons learned to optimize team and program performance.
- Guides rather than drives teams toward objectives, goals, and continuous improvement
- Initiates and fosters collaboration, communication, and team building
- Works to remove impediments in the organization so that the team can remain focused on achieving its goals
- Facilitates team and program relentless improvement
- Helps assure the team follows ScrumXP/Agile best practices and product development processes
- Helps the team achieve and improve in areas including quality, predictability, flow, and velocity
- Facilitates ScrumXP, Agile and SAFe rituals including Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, mid-Sprint review, Demo, Retrospective, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Coordinates solution implementation and delivery with other Scrum Masters and external teams
- Effective and timely communication to all levels of the organization, including progress tracking and reporting
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team and program see how they are doing
- Balances changes in direction or requirements while protecting the team so the team can achieve committed objectives
- Collaborates with Product Owners to ensure team execution and performance are aligned with business objectives - near and long-term
- Helps to create a culture of openness, honesty, and transparency
- Coordinates with other Scrum Masters and Shared Resources in planning meetings
- Helps manage the team's relationships with outside stakeholders
- Coordinates team efforts under architectural and portfolio governance
- Collaborates with an engineering manager to build an agile culture in teams
- Fosters a high-performing team by focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance
- Helps protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work
- Ability to deal with conflicts, failure, and protect team by saying "no"
- Maintains a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, pressure, and conflict
- Acts as a model for addressing conflict and barriers to collaboration
- Demonstrates servant leadership, facilitating and coaching rather than directing
- Works to empower teams and individuals
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with concentration in software; or equivalent knowledge in the areas of software engineering (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing) or equivalent experience is required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This position typically requires 5 years' experience in Software Development/Test, Applications Engineering work, Technical Support, or other related role
- Typically requires 4 years' experience in an Agile development environment
- In depth knowledge of agile methodologies and techniques is preferred
- Experience as a scrum master (with certification) and/or Agile coach is preferred
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferred
- Certification as Agile Coach is a plus
- Knowledge of, or experience with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment is preferred
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).