Software Engineering Program Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 4, 2021
Role Number: 200285352
Do you want to be right in the middle of delivering an exciting, first-of-a-kinda capability to many of our products? Apple is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Program Manager to work with both our internal SW development teams, as well as, SW teams across the company to realize this exciting capability across many of our products. You will be responsible for working with our internal development teams to scope, plan, and deliver functionality, while coordinating with cross functional stakeholders and external partners to drive issue resolution and alignment. PMs facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, they will drive day-to day program activities, development planning, execution & risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects. Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative people and cutting edge technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet! We are open to having this role either reside on our Austin, TX or Cupertino, CA campuses.
- 6+ years of industry experience & project management experience with 3+ years of experience in coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules.
- Deep knowledge with software development methodology (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc...)
- Experience with iOS Development
- Experience with cloud computing and micro-service development and concepts
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred: Experience contracting and working with outside parties for the procurement and development of SW systems.
-> Work with our internal development teams to define technical objectives and development goals for production-bound and prototype development efforts, then manage and track the development schedule to realize these goals. -> Interface and collaborate with cross-functional development partners to drive technical alignment, schedule alignment, and issue resolution. -> Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and cross-functional partners. -> Develop and iterate on best practices to increase development efficiency while staying aligned with Apple development practices. -> Cross-functionally communicate key developments and updates on new projects/products at executive level.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.