Internal Communication Strategist, Ad Platforms
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200283475
At Apple, we believe in the power of technology to enrich people's lives. Everything we build is designed-first and foremost-with helping people in mind. We believe digital advertising is no different, and that its value should come from how it benefits customers, not what it extracts from them. Our Ad Platforms team applies that belief to create ads that add value, by helping people discover content, supporting creators, and protecting and respecting everyone's privacy. We help developers and marketers drive discovery of their apps at the top of App Store search results with Apple Search Ads. We help advertisers promote their products alongside trusted content in the brand-safe environment of Apple News, while supporting publishers and journalists. All with the same commitment to privacy you expect from Apple. Because when advertising is done right, it benefits everyone. We're looking for a dynamic, highly motivated, creative Internal Communications Strategist who can help us connect our people to our purpose. In this role, you'll bring your talents to develop and execute the communications and events that bring our values to life, connect our teams across geographies and functions, and elevate the employee experience. Collaborating with internal partners, subject matter experts, and our teams across the world, you will get the opportunity to help us build the future of how we communicate with and connect employees globally.
- At least 5+ years successfully developing and executing communication plans, managing cross-functional projects, and creating messaging for a variety of topics across a range of channels and platforms.
- A strong, experienced writer who possesses flexibility in writing style, tones, and voices to meet the unique needs of a global audience.
- Experience working with or in a digital agency, brand marketing, publisher or media company.
- Strategic thinker-someone who can connect the dots, and knows the difference between a story and what is a proof point to a much larger story.
- Strong ability to drive action through collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility. Able to rally people and influence to get things done.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to self motivate and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in an environment that leans towards variety over consistently-repeated activities.
In this role, you'll be a key member of our Ad Platforms Internal Communications team developing and executing communications, campaigns, and events that inspire our teams toward our vision, align individual contributions with our organizational goals, and motivate hearts and minds. You'll help us find and tell the stories that matter and make a difference for our employees. You'll decide what format we use to tell these stories, how we amplify them across our channels, and what new channels and methods we should explore. The ideal candidate has superb writing and copyediting skills, experience creating and executing content strategies that build and grow audiences, and knows how to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization to find great storytelling opportunities. You should have a passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community within a global, diverse workforce. Creativity and the ability to generate ideas for new content and ways to engage our teams is imperative, as is the ability to produce high-quality and high-impact work.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree, editorial writing, marketing, or related field preferred.