Stationary Engineer - Utility Plant Operator
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo: 1600 W 24th Street Pueblo, Co 81003
Full Time with Benefits
The Division of Facilities Management is seeking highly motivated and experienced Stationary Engineer/Utility Plant Operator to join our team.
The candidate in this position will provide operations and maintenance functions for the Central Heat Plant located on the CMHIP campus; by performing essential operational functions, maintenance, cleanliness, preservation, scheduled and emergency repairs (electrical and mechanical) to insure effective operational practices ensuring equipment longevity boiler readiness at all times. Read and interpret blueprints, shop drawings, and follow written and/or oral directives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Operation and maintenance of high pressure steam boilers both coal and natural gas / diesel, DCS, PLC's the qualitative and quantitative analysis of all process fluids entering and leaving the steam plant, by utilizing accepted methods of titration, comparative and qualitative analysis to obtain the desired results.
* Operate and maintain all environmental emission control systems to insure environmental compliance at all times, which includes proper operation of coal handling, ash removal systems, proper handling and clean-up of aforementioned equipment / systems to comply with Title V requirements.
* Trouble shoot and repair to restore proper operation of plant machinery including piping systems, valves, pumps, fans, turbines, electric motors, coal and ash handling system components and digital control system component.
* Three (3) years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position
Necessary Special Requirement:
* 4 years minimum experience with steam plant operation and maintenance
* And/or possess a valid stationary engineer license "A" or equivalent (ASOPE Facility First or Second Class, ASOPE power Plant PE Master Chief, Chief or First Class, NIULPE power engineer 1,2,3, Denver Stationary Engineer, Denver Boiler operator Class A)
* Or currently participating in a Facility Approved training program specific to steam high pressure boiler operation and maintenance and within 12 months of licensure.
How to apply:
* To view full job description and apply, please visit our website directly: careers.colorado.gov (search for "Stationary Engineer")