American Axle & Manufacturing has openings for Senior Functional Safety Engineers – Driveline, at its ATDC facility in Detroit, Michigan. Job duties include:
- Perform and participate in planning and execution of functional safety activities throughout the product engineering development lifecycle of projects in automotive driveline, and electrification spaces;
- Conduct safety assessment and conformance support to product engineering teams participating in execution of AAM’s functional safety lifecycle;
- Derive functional safety requirements and technical safety requirements;
- Perform system and subsystem-level functional safety analysis of automotive driveline products such as all-wheel-drive systems, 4x4 systems, limited slip differentials, and electric drive units;
- Perform safety analysis of automotive driveline embedded control system electrical/electronic architectures and circuit schematics used in actuation of automotive driveline products consistent with ISO 26262-5:2018;
- Elicitation and definition of electrical/electronic hardware safety requirements and safety mechanisms for embedded control of automotive driveline products.
Position requires: Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related field, or foreign equivalent education, and 2 years’ experience working in a Functional Safety position. Position also requires Automotive Functional Safety Engineer or Automotive Functional Safety Professional certification in ISO 26262. 2 years’ experience is required in each of the following:
- Performing electrical, and system-level safety analysis of driveline products;
- Defining functional safety requirements, technical safety requirements, and electrical safety requirements for embedded driveline control systems.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply on line at careers.aam.com and reference ID# JREQ-192154.