American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. has openings for Principal Systems Engineers at its ATDC facility in Detroit, Michigan. Job duties include:
- Overall responsibility for driveline axles, from concept design through manufacturing launch in accordance with AAM’s Product Development Process and program launch gate deliverables.
- Leading cross-functional and cross-region resources, including South America, in execution of strategy for development of new axles and propshafts based on regional requirements.
- Supporting global truck axles and propshaft programs, cost reduction initiatives, local sales support with new business pursuit, technical reviews with local suppliers, manufacturing plant support and contact with local customers.
- Developing analytical design and lab validation testing plans, working with CAE, Component Engineering and Test Engineering to meet requirements, supporting vehicle durability testing at customer proving grounds, and resolving lab validation test and vehicle durability test issues.
- Working with North America Prototype team and South America plant on preparing component requests, bill of materials, prints, prototype builds instructions, functional checks, and teardown of post test parts.
Position requires: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or foreign equivalent education, and 7 years’ experience working in the automotive industry. 7 years’ experience is required in each of the following:
- Developing global driveline axles, from concept design to manufacturing launch.
- Leading multinational cross-functional teams.
- Coordinating driveline axle analytical design and lab validation testing, and supporting vehicle durability testing at customer proving grounds.
- Root cause analysis and resolution of lab test and vehicle durability test issues.
- Interfacing with customers for design reviews, prototype builds, lab validation testing, vehicle durability testing, and issues resolution.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply online at careers.aam.com and reference job id# JREQ-192155.