ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Network Management Specialist to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The position will be a Network Management Specialist with the individual responsible for Tier 2 Care of Business and Tier 1 Care of Wholesale customers as well as serving as an escalation point for ImOn Business installation and service technicians. The individual will support these customers by responding to trouble tickets and inquiries to ensure issues are resolved or if needed, escalated to Tier 3 Support which are the Systems Planning and Engineering team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide real-time support for voice, video, internet and data services for Business and Wholesale customers, will serve as the primary interface for customer issues after Customer Care has opened and escalated a ticket.
- Monitor department trouble tickets queues for voice, video, internet and data services and provide support as needed. Escalate to Tier 3 when necessary.
- Work with Service Technicians by establishing dispatches and time frames for action on necessary on site customer assistance. (Need to understand the dispatching resources and procedures)
- Must have the technical capability to learn and understand network provisioning, management and monitoring tools such as Calix CMS and Access Nodes, Cisco/Adtran switches and routers, Cisco/Arris CMTS, Cisco CNR DHCP and DNS servers, Metaswitch Servers SolarWinds and Zabbix monitoring tools.
- Must be able to understand the purpose and general operation of various customer devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, VoIP ATA’s and SIP phones to the extent they can visualize and assist customers and/or service technicians with troubleshooting over the phone.
- Be proactive in customer contact through email, voice notification of outages and approximate time table of said outage or service occurrence as available.
- Notify internal ImOn Customers of issues relating to outages or customer issues.
- Monitor and maintain business opportunity worksheets.
- Respond to copyright infringement and subpoenas as required.
- Perform regular audits of existing switch, router and server configurations to ensure security, logging, backup and alarming is properly configured.
- Insure all communications with ImOn Business Service Customers and Wholesale Customers are documented in appropriate customer records.
- Demonstrates active listening and effective communication to ensure a mutual understanding of customers’ concerns.
- Represent ImOn Communications in a positive, professional, and ethical manner; working to exceed the customers’ expectations while minimizing need for further escalation.
- Demonstrate punctuality and consistent attendance.
- Be source of training for new Business Sales and Wholesale employees as well as Customer Care and appropriate Security Coverage Care employees.
Education and minimum qualifications (Skills required):
- Minimum Associates Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Studies
- Ability to function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be team oriented, friendly and personable with strong focus on customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information in an organized and concise manner.
- Must be able to work proactively and independently with minimal supervision.
ImOn also offers competitive pay, health and dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE short term/long term disability, as well as vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.
If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference apply today!