The YMCA of South Florida's Youth Development Team is now hiring Site Directors for the 2021/2022 school year. The Site Director supervises and manages the daily activities of the Afterschool site as they relate to Y’s quality standards, goals, and objectives. The Site Director is additionally responsible for the management and direction of the Site; the implementation of operation involving safety, nutrition, hygiene, scheduling, tuition, discipline, curriculum, planning, programming, collection of child care payments, record keeping, and maintenance of site.
- Plan, write, and implement daily program and activities to create a learning environment for specific group of children and assist counselors with
- Maintain maximal cordial relationships with the parents of the children as well as the administrator(s) of the building where site is
- Maintain accurate attendance, financial, outcome assessments and sign-in I sign-out records, follows up on absent children.
- Monitors equipment and facilities for safety and security purposes and reports concerns in a timely
- Communicates important program issues and information to supervisor(s).
- Supervise assigned group of children with warmth, dignity, and respect.
- Ensure that overall program areas are kept, neat, and clean.
- Plan special events and activities for children.
- Provide feedback and training to assistance site supervisor (if applicable) and
- Increase program participation by 5% annually (August- June) or up to full capacity.
- Maintain an 85% excellent rating on parent and principal evaluations.
- Keeps current accounts receivable with no more than 3% uncollected.
- Additional duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Outgoing personality enjoys speaking to people.
- Innate desire to provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to develop relationships with students, staff and parents.
- A professional, goal driven, self-motivated leader with a positive attitude.
- At least 18 years of
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Associate or Bachelor's degree, and I or with comparable experience preferred.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, or English and Creole,a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and
- Must enjoy communicating with children, school administration and parents
- Ability to work with children in an active environment.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must demonstrate a strong desire to serve others and give back to our community.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Accepts and demonstrates YMCA core values; honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must complete 45 hour child care course within the first year of employment.
- CPR/First Aid and AED certified within 90 days of employment.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening and drug test.
As a Drug Free Workplace, all new hires must successfully complete a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice. Failure to complete the drug test within this timeframe will automatically disqualify you from employment. Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt you from successfully passing your drug test.
The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.