ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Business Sales Executive to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Business Sales Executive works as part of a team to drive business sales using an array of prospecting activities. The individual designs and delivers sales presentations to prospective business clients; develops relationships with individual businesses and the community and positions the ImOn brand as a key component of the sales strategy. The Sales Representative works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge and is 100% focused on generating new ImOn business customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates and delivers face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate knowledge of the latest ImOn products and services.
- Promotes the sale of bundled products to ensure the optimal solution for the customer. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental financial and unit targets.
- Stays abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position ImOn Services in the marketplace.
- Develops sales territory, including cultivation of local business partnerships and organizational affiliations.
- Actively generates new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, customer referrals, and partner relationships.
- Focuses on goal achievement and is results driven.
- Maintains and builds customer relationships to drive customer retention; works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels that meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up.
- Maintains accurate and quality sales records and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
- Attends out-of-the-office meetings with customers on a regular basis and demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills and skill in presenting, persuading, and negotiating.
We are looking for people with:
- College degree or equivalent plus 3+ years of proven sales experience in a B2B environment.
- Previous experience in telecom/internet sales a must.
- Proven business sales history of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Flexibility to work within non-standard business hours to ensure that sales quota is met.
- A warm and professional presentation style.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented with consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision and life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.