The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) is looking for a dynamic individual to join their distinguished team. The VBOC serves the three-state region of Montana, Wyoming and Utah. This position provides training, outreach, and counseling for veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses looking to start or grow a small business.
In this job, you would be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating, and delivering Boots to Business Training at Air Force Bases in the three-state region.
- Training local SBA resource partners to help deliver Boots to Business curriculum.
- Developing effective public-private partnerships that support veteran and military spouse entrepreneurship.
- Working to deepen the credibility and awareness of the services available to veterans and their spouses.
- Taking client service calls.
- Performing client intake and needs assessment in preparation for individualized counseling sessions.
- Tracking client training, outreach and counseling progress in the CRM system.
- Answering fundamental and complex business-related questions.
- Connecting clients with the resources and relationships they need to be successful in their entrepreneurial journey.
- Serving as a back up to the VBOC Director for relevant projects and engagements as needed.
You’re a good fit for this job if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management (or related field) or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- Status as a Veteran and/or Military Spouse (preferred)
- Previous experience starting, owning, operating and/or managing a business (strongly preferred)
- Previous experience providing professional advising, consulting or training services (preferred)
- A deep understanding of veterans/military spouse backgrounds and the challenges faced during post-service transition
- Training and Facilitation Skills
- Consulting and Advising Skills
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills
- The ability to travel regularly
Please see the position’s job description for a full summation of the roles, responsibilities, and requirements of this position. (Accessible when clicking on the application link below.)
Other info you should know:
- This position reports to the Regional VBOC Director.
- This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for our full suite of benefits including medical, dental, retirement (PERS), life, holiday pay, sick pay and three weeks of vacation pay a year.
- We offer wages based on regional market data and commensurate with experience.
- Primary work location of Billings, MT is strongly preferred but other options within the three-state region may be considered.
- The VBOC program is hosted by Big Sky Economic Development and funded by the SBA.
How to Apply:
1. Fill out an employment application and upload your resume and cover letter by clicking HERE (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VBOC2021)!
2. Send all inquiries to Careers@bigskyeda.org
APPLICATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
FIRST REVIEW BEGINS 09/07/2021