SAP Application Engineer, SAP Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 7, 2021
Role Number: 200284137
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is well-known around the globe for remarkable products and innovation. But did you know that Apple also has one of the world's most sophisticated, streamlined and innovative behind the scenes IT infrastructures? The Enterprise SAP team implements ground breaking solutions across a diverse systems landscape. They are at the core of our ability to support the dynamic business needs and essential to the day-to-day operations at Apple. We are looking for a SAP Application Engineer who can design and develop solutions in SAP SD,FI and CRM areas catering to different Apple Business Units.
- 10-12 years of ABAP experience, having worked in SD/FI/CRM modules of SAP
- Extensive experience developing ABAP OData and Web Services
- Extensive experience in designing and developing interfaces using ALE/IDoc/Bdoc, Flat Files, RFC's, BAPI's
- Experience with ABAP Objects, BADI's, BTE's and Enhancement Framework
- Knowledge of upgrade projects/Support Pack applications and should have done SPAU resolution/OSS note applications
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Knowledge of Workflows, Classical/ALV/Interactive Reports, BSP, SmartForms/SAPScripts, Dialog Programs and BDC programs
We need an experienced engineer to lead and work hands-on SAP projects using new SAP technologies. The engineer should be able to supervise work of contractors and be able to come up with best practices to be adopted by them. We are looking for a person who has varied experience to handle below responsibilities: Write and review technical design options, to be able to leverage new ways of coding in SAP, like using CDS views, Restful ABAP Programming Model, HANA as side car, advanced OOPs, etc. Demonstrate different capabilities of SAP cloud platform(a.k.a BTP) and ABAP environment in Cloud usage within ABAP team. Work on new and advanced ABAP technologies and come-up with frameworks/architecture for future projects to implement, like integrating with non-SAP systems using REST API's Ability to work on new modules like S/4 HANA and help in migration projects Focus on design-thinking and craftsmanship while delivering business-critical projects Review work of development teams, identify gaps in processes and come-up with best practices to be adopted by contractor teams Undertake PoCs on new technologies like exploring Restful ABAP Programming, git-enabled CTS Work with Vendors/SAP on co-innovation ideas
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We at Apple we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.