Quality Engineer (Functional/Automation)
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200283434
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Application Strategy and Engineering team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to design, analysis and certification of our support apps. We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about quality and using light weight processes to consistently achieve it. The role would also involve interacting with cross-functional engineering and product teams to test features, perform root cause analysis, and drive the quality of out customer's experience.
- 3+ years experience in software quality assurance testing.
- 3+ years experience testing iOS native and Safari-based web applications.
- Expertise with tools like Selenium, RestAssured, Protractor, Appium, XCode, Charles, Git etc
- Proficiency in one or multiple languages such as Python, Java, Swift , Ruby etc
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to abstract technical conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail. A passion to get the little things right.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be directly responsible for:
The quality of Apple's customer support experience, including consistent functionality, performance, and stability.
Understanding new and existing feature implementations in order to craft informed, robust testing charters.
Authoring test scenarios, scripts, and plans. Executing functional, performance, and stability testing
Write and review automation test scripts
Identifying and reporting defects, inclusive of first-level root cause analysis and consistent steps to reproduce.
Championing quality efforts beyond test execution, including collaborating with test automation engineering teams, product management teams, and engineering program teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.