Conagra Brands is looking for Production Technicians to staff its Armour plant in Ft. Madison, Iowa! The Vienna Sausage capital of the world is looking for candidates that have a strong work ethic, possess strong technical skills with a solid mechanical aptitude, capable of making equipment adjustments based on sound decisions and have the desire to work in a team-based environment.
What you will do:
- Make the best quality food by learning, using and maintaining the highest food safety standards possible.
- Follow standard operating procedures to operate various pieces of processing and packaging equipment
- Work with a safety-first mindset to keep yourself and others safe.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with machinery and partner with maintenance staff to resolve issues
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems daily to meet required specifications
- Participate in start-up, change over and shut down of operating equipment
- Perform sanitation procedures in order to conduct periodic facility sanitation requirements
- Be responsible for executing all required quality processes and documentation
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
- Assists in training new employees
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to effectively use the English language, in verbal or written form
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules
- Ability to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Repetitive arm and hand motions during working shift
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift
- Able to lift 40 pounds consistently
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com or click "APPLY" today!
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.