Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media
assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S.,
and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with
more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing
services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which
are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events
business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for an experienced and talented videographer to join our team. Our visuals team at The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com has won numerous Emmy Awards, countless regional, national, and international awards. We are a creative, innovative, hardworking group covering everything from breaking news, sports, and in-depth story projects.
We are looking for a Videographer/Photographer who is a confident, creative, and proven leader that believes flexibility, adaptability, and creativity are crucial to success. They have had previous experience at a media company.
We offer many opportunities for experimentation, growth, and storytelling on all our digital platforms. The candidate must be flexible, motivated, and respond effectively to creative feedback.
- Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography, and text that accurately informs, entertains, and engages our audience.
- Use audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
- Demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement.
- Acts as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
- Work with content coaches and other journalists to evaluate what work's what doesn't, and develop ongoing plans to satisfy audience needs better.
- Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
- Promote company brand, brands of colleagues, and the institutional brand.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred.
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography, and videography.)
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Photo Mechanic.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP, and local style.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
- This role requires a valid drivers license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
- Pre-employment background check and urinalysis drug screen required.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
Your resume one to two pages.
A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
Links to 15-20 online samples of your work. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc.is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.