Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visitwww.gannett.com
Join Gannett, a top global digital media and Fortune 500 company that reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of broadcast, mobile & publishing properties. Gannett Product Technology leads development and innovation around digital products across the company our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever they need us. Explore the possibilities at Gannett as a Developer in API Services.
The API Services team is responsible for engineering and delivering cutting-edge services to aide in content delivery to end customers. Our services support over 500 news brands, and more than 1 billion requests a day.
The Developer will play a key role in developing and maintaining backend APIs that support the content delivery systems that support internal customers as well as public consumer products. You will be expected to design and deliver large scale, fault tolerant and highly available architectures. Golang, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, and Terraform are a few of the technologies you will use to deliver these services.
If you have a passion for rapid API development, automation, learning, challenging and bettering your peers, and want to work in a dynamic DevOps environment, we would love to talk to you!
- Design, develop, and deploy backend APIs in Golang that deliver content to our front-end teams and ultimately to millions of readers.
- Automate everything, containerize applications with Docker, deploy and scale those containers using k8s, configure clusters and alerts using Terraform.
- Discover new tools and techniques to optimize cost, deployment speed, developer effort, and resource usage.
- Review PRs and use them as an opportunity to mentor other developers on the team.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and plan for sprints with a two-week cadence.
- Provide operational support for our applications.
- Help establish, improve, and advocate best practices around our application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Engineer well-tested, performant applications with an emphasis on concurrency.
- Use and leverage Agile methodologies.
- Ship API solutions implementing GraphQL and REST at scale via a collection of services.
- Write scalable software using Golang (experience with Ruby, Node, Python or similar languages/environments is a plus.)
- Automate deployment and scaling using Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Did we mention testing?
We would love you to have
- Experience as a self-starter that thrives in a remote-friendly environment.
- At least 2 years' experience creating and maintaining software platforms and deployments. We believe in DevOps - We run what we build.
- Experience developing APIs, SDKs, and CLI tooling.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, test driven development, CI/CD, and version control.
- Experience building and enhancing configuration driven systems using tools like Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Salt or other comparable technologies.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employees race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees.
In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicants disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Development & Engineering