Benjamin Moore is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support Supply Chain functions in both our Flanders and Montvale NJ facilities (Flanders is home base with the expectation of working up to 2 days a week in Montvale). This position is responsible for the following groups: Continuous Improvement, Corporate Logistics, Engineering, EHSS, Facilities, North American Customer Information Center, Operations Planning, Procurement, and Product Development (approximately 250 employees).
If you want to join a highly motivated, energized team of HR professionals who are passionate and proud to act as trusted strategic partners, collaborating to deliver a positive impact to the employee experience throughout the employment life-cycle at Benjamin Moore, then this is the job for you!
- Serve as both an advisor to management as well as an employee advocate by building strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Communicate, facilitate and champion HR programs and company-wide initiatives such as employee engagement, recognition, inclusion and customer-centricity.
- Collaborate with other HR team members and leverage their expertise in designing and delivering new and enhanced programs and initiatives.
- Partner with the business to come up with innovative solutions to attract and retain key talent and drive greater business results.
- Develop and deliver training to employees and/or managers in such areas as compliance, leadership development, performance management, etc.
- Oversee the performance management process, including quality checks of draft reviews, calibration sessions and coaching management through the creation of development plans.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit structures, workforce planning and succession planning with an eye on building future capability.
- Conduct thorough and objective employee relations investigations; compile comprehensive reports and required documentation. Able to draw conclusions and suggest appropriate steps to address findings.
- Maintain current knowledge base of legal requirements related to state and federal employment laws, and government and Company compliance requirements to reduce legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal group as needed to mitigate risk.
- Support the recruitment process for open positions with such activities as creating jobs postings, sourcing qualified candidates, conducting phone screens, facilitating debrief sessions and negotiating offers.
- Execute pre-employment requirements and on-boarding of new employees; conduct new employee orientation.
- Respond to basic benefits inquires such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life, 401K, Wellness, etc. and partner with the Benefits team where appropriate.
- Administer and oversee Leaves of Absence and FMLA activities and compliance with third party vendor.
- Responsible for transactional activities in the ADP HRIS system and ensuring maintenance of accurate data.
- Bachelor's college degree in HR or a related field of study require
- 5 plus years as a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist; experience working independently in a field based role.
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to resolve sensitive matters, respectfully and efficiently.
- A collaborative, confident and assertive style; ability to proactively build strong, supportive relationships; employ coaching strategies when applicable and influence business partners and peers to achieve common goals.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and re-prioritize based on business demands.
- Timely and accurate execution of transactional HR responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience with HR program design and implementation.
- Proven facilitation skills to effectively deliver training.
- Experience with HRIS (preferably ADP).
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- SHRM CP or SCP Certification a plus.
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.