ISE, System Experience - Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200283726
The System Experience team is looking for creative and hard-working software engineers to join our performance team! You will contribute across implementation, testing, automation, and tools with relation to the performance of core components of iOS and macOS. You will be a software explorer investigating things like the Home Screen, Control Center, and App Switcher and defending performance regressions from getting into the software. We are a part of a team that cares deeply about how different aspects and metrics of performance combine into the look and feel of our devices, and drives those qualities across the release cycle.
- A curious mind the drives you to break problems smaller tasks, question assumptions, and dig through layers of abstraction
- An appetite for knowledge and a growth mindset
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Experience with a high-level programming languages like C++ and Objective-C OR scripting and automation environments like Python
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
In this role, you will collaborate broadly across the software organization. You will prototype new ideas, build tools and features, and build and run tests to ensure high quality releases. You will have the opportunity to dig into deep and complicated performance problems that span all levels of the software stack with a constant focus on overall improvements. Every single day will bring new challenges and chances to inspire changes large and small. You will trade stories of optimizations and hard-to-solve problems with your co-workers as you subtly drop new tools and capabilities into the conversation. Along the way, you will be encouraged to identify trends and anomalies and propose new tools to automatically analyze problems across the system. Our focus is on the core UI components of iOS and macOS, but our impact is across the entire software organization.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience