CAREGIVER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Closing Date: 9/17/2021
Job Summary: This is a professional position responsible for training, level one (1) licensing and support of relatives and non-relatives in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with HFC internal and external customers
- Carry caseload of caregivers and/or homes that are completing Level One licensing process
- Provide ongoing support, resources and referral information to caregivers for placement stability
- Assist and support caregivers in the investigation of allegations of abuse and neglect
- Complete home visits with caregivers to prepare them for Level One licensing and gather appropriate updates
- Complete background screening and assure requirements are completed in a timely manner
- Conduct home studies and secure signatures as required within the specified time frame
- Prepare licensing packets accuracy and in compliance with Level One licensing regulations
- Submit licensing packets timely to supervisor and to the Department of Children & Families Central Region office
- Monitor completion of training requirements for caregivers
- Participate in meetings/staffings involving caregivers and service providers
- Attend trainings or retention activities for caregivers
- Track and monitor caseload activities
- Work with other departments collaboratively that will also be supporting caregivers regarding benefits
- Perform special projects as assigned
Bachelors degree in Social Work or related field.
Florida Child Welfare Certification highly preferred. Two years of experience working with children, adolescents and families is preferred.
We offer excellent benefits package with tuition assistance, domestic partner coverage, retirement & generous paid time off.
Drug free workplace. Drug testing req.
Click to apply today!