TRANSITION AGE YOUTH MENTOR
Closing Date: 9/17/2021
Job Summary: This position provides mentoring services to clients participating in the Independent Living program. This involves developing and nurturing individualized support systems for foster teens ages 13 to 18 years old as they prepare to leave the foster care system.
- Establish and maintain positive, trauma-informed working relationship with HFC staff and external customers
- Coordination of resources, technical assistance and emotional support to youth ages 13- 18 years old
- Participate in Staffings
- Assist youth in normalcy activities
- Oversee the implementation of the Heartlink Mentoring Program
- Assist recruit, screen, match, monitor, and close the relationship with the mentors and mentees for the Heartlink Mentoring Program
- Maintain ongoing communication with Heartlink Mentoring Program volunteer mentors and assigned mentees
Have been a participant in the Independent Living program required.
High school graduate or GED graduate and/or active in school preferred.
Excellent benefits package with tuition assistance, domestic partner coverage retirement and generous paid time off.
Drug free workplace. Drug testing req. EOE/M/F/D/V
Click to apply today!